In case you’re not aware, I’ll be moderating a panel on Effective Social Media Marketing at Affiliate Summit West 2010 in Las Vegas, which will be from Jan 17-19, 2010 at the Rio Hotel.
My fellow panelists are:
- Rebecca Kelley, Director of Social Media, 10e20
- Keith Plocek, Social Media Manager, Mail.com Media Corporation
The long version of our session was originally “Social Media: How to break it, how to make it work” where we’ll break social media into its base components then show you how to effectively brand yourself and/or your business/product/service.
Speaker contracts are still coming in, so the final conference track agenda isn’t out yet, but here’s some of the highlights from what I see:
- Using product datafeeds for your affiliate sites (moderated by Scott Jangro)
- Coupon sites + troubleshooting (with Flamingo World‘s Connie Berg among the panelists)
- Blog monetization (with Kristin “MadHatter” Kinsey and Sunshine Rewards‘ Tricia Meyer)
- A super affiliate video promotion panel (with Jeremy Palmer and Ros Gardner)
- Wil Reynold‘s perpetually popular SEO session
- SEO site clinic by the women of SEO (with Marketing Demons‘ Kate Morris, and although her name hasn’t appeared yet, I hear that Sugarrae will be on the panel too)
Note: I’ve truncated/renamed the session names, so I didn’t have to write a synopsis of each session. The conference agenda contains the actual names for the sessions.
The summit will also feature 2 keynote speakers: Dr Robert Cialdini (author of the influential work “Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion”) and Brian “Copyblogger” Clark.
Besides the opportunity to listen to some of the experts in the affiliate, traffic generation and internet marketing industry share their thoughts, and visit probably the biggest tradeshow floor featuring all the major affiliate networks, the biggest takeaway from the summit has been networking with fellow affiliates and getting insights you wouldn’t find in any book, course or teleseminar/webinar.
In fact, about 3 of my major projects in the last year have originated from discussions at the summit (I had met 2 of my partners in online forums/blogs before meeting them face-to-face).
Here’s some sweeteners to help you make the decision to go:
- Coupon code “ASW10WEE” (good for 10% off any type of conference registration)
- Important: Early bird pricing ends TODAY – prices double from 20th Oct, then nearly double again on-site
If you are planning to come for the event, you have about 6 hours to register for the early bird pricing.
Head to Affiliate Summit (and remember the “ASW10Wee” discount code)