Would you like to get a tip to get ahead in Internet Marketing?
Find your greatest fear.
Face it head on.
Seriously, you will find your efforts yielding massive results.
Consider the following:
- Afraid of making sales presentations and the prospect of having doors slammed in your face, being abused and getting turned down?
Go ahead and adopt an aggressive offline campaign, pitch to corporate prospects, venture capitalists, private equity specialists, whoever might be your target group.
- Have poor proficiency in Mandarin (like me and most of my ACS brethren)? Afraid to venture into the China market?
Take up the challenge and create a China-focused Internet Marketing strategy.
Teach the Chinese conversational and business English if you need to.
Are you crazy? What’s the point of all this? What are you trying to prove?
Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damaged capacitor…
There’s nothing to ‘prove’, but consider this.
The barrier to our greatest success is our greatest fear.
Fear paralyzes us. It creates a vicious cycle of procrastination.
The biggest failure anyone can every make is not to have tried and failed.
The greatest failure is never to have tried.
By conquering our greatest fear, won’t everything pale in comparison?
If you are afraid of heights, take this as a challenge.
Go find the highest bungee jump location you can find.
Confront your fears.
Now, this is the most important part.
MAKE the decision to jump.
YOU have to make the decision to jump.
As you jump, keep your eyes wide open.
Here’s the important part, YOU make the decision to jump because you are in the driver’s seat.
You are the captain of the ship, the pilot of your destiny. [fill in your own analogy here]
If you had someone push you, it doesn’t count.
Go up and jump again.
Are you proving anything?
Do you end up ‘better‘ having done that?
Yes, you do actually.
And it’s not what you think.
You didn’t ‘prove’ anything to me.
Nor anyone else for that matter.
You ‘proved’ it to yourself. You raised your threshold, you stretched out of your comfort zone a little more.
My friend, Adam Khoo, says he constantly does things that scare the hell out of himself.
Whether it’s addressing a crowd of thousands, or entering into a wholly new arena, he’s there putting himself on the line.
And he sees results.
He’s sharing many business secrets in his latest venture here.
Will we always be successful?
I doubt it, otherwise there’s no fear.
But the biggest things we can come up with is not the accomplishment of having facing fear.
Rather it’s the COURAGE to have faced it, and of our own free will too.
After all, conquer your fears and you can conquer the world.
Yesterday was a mixed bag in terms of achieving my goals.
Got my real estate stuff done. working on 3 prospects.
At the same time, I came to the realization that the macro view is missing from my strategy.
Instead of going into piecemeal stategies, I need a holistic approach towards IM. Have a big base to work from and synergistic crosssells and upsells built into the equation.
Else getting IM income in small chunks will do nothing for me.
So the next 7 days till next Friday will be spent building up the IM base and going through the resources.
Will do further refinements to the UHP system too.
today’s P1 goals:
1) Finish going through Stuart’s Jumpstart to Profit Notes
2) Go through Insider Tips to Internet Profits (abt 100pgs).
didnt get everything done last night, esp the emails. just plain collapsed from exhaustion.
so i picked up the pieces this morning. i realize that refining it further requires setting a time frame to each of those tasks. in an earlier incarnation of today’s tasks, i realized i’d need abt 12.5 hrs to finish everything. gee….
i guess a UHP time audit is powerful stuff!
Priority 1 goals
1) follow up with prospects to rosyth residence (4hrs)
2) look/start setup for website for andrewwproperty.com (2hrs)
3) read btonline property articles. (1hr)
4) set up sat viewing appts for pte apt client (1hr)
total time: 8hrs
1) blog update (30mins)
2) clean up upsizemycash.com (30mins)
3) follow up on affiliate payment for blogging software (15mins)
4) spend cleaning/managing paperwork (1hr)
5) spend 30mins visit blogs/forums (30mins)
6) documentation for UHP Lite (30mins)
7) get google sitemaps plugin for wordpress and install (1hr)
total time: 4hrs15mins
looks like i got 12h15mins planned for today!
As I’m writing this, the clock is ticking. It’s now 1155pm and i’m rushing to file a post before midnight.
Here’s my progress thus far:
My goals for today are:
1) set up the hosting account for steviadirect.com : undone, too much focus on real estate today, but since this can be done virtually and the other items had to be done in real time. the other things get priority. but i am making the commitment to get this done before sleeping tonight!
2) Prepare for open house at 2D Jalan Remaja property: progress underway, but gotta get an email to the owner before going to sleep.
3) client look for Bukit Timah/Stevens Road landed property: this was accomplished, plus along the way, i built a high value contact. will continue to track this and email the client before sleeping..
4) client look for YCK or private apartment on Sat: again done, but need to email the client before sleeping.
Priority 2 goals include:
1) Settle finance matters at Citibank – DONE!
2) Blog update – doing now!
3) Go for Stuart TanÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s preview Ã¢â‚¬Å“Huge Checks MonthlyÃ¢â‚¬Â – DONE!
4) Draft and send emails out to IMS contacts – DONE!
5) Clean up UpsizeMyCash.com (site structure not optimized) – er, do a bit before sleeping!
6) Spend 1 hour cleaning/managing paperwork my home office/house – not done yet. wil do!
7) Spend 30 mins visiting blogs/forums (build more backlinks to this blog) – will do!
8) Drop an email to my potential partner for a software project. – will do!
wow, quite a stretch today.
will put up more goals to accomplish tomorrow and update on whether i’ve done everything i said i would!
Building on my previous post “Hungry Enough to Succeed“, I know that I could be massively more effective than I can be now.
One important element is to have clearly defined short term goals.
I know if I don’t do this now, my aim of achieving $5m by age 35 will only be a dream.
Hence, I’m listed 3 priority-1 goals at the start of each day that I have to accomplish within 24 hours. And a list of priority-2 goals. This is part of my UHP system which when proven can help anyone (yes, anyone!) achieve whatever results they want. But first I have to eat my own dogfood, right?
Equally important are the reasons for achieving the goal! If the ‘why’ isn’t compelling, we aren’t likely to work at it.
My goals for today are:
1) set up the hosting account for steviadirect.com since moving it to GoDaddy a year before it expired (silly move on my part), GoDaddy has hijacked it with a placeholder page and it’s now a Google PR2, Alexa ranking 6.3m). I must reclaim it, and put my content back before GoDaddy wrecks 3 years of effort!
2) Prepare for open house at 2D Jalan Remaja property: This is a property that I’ve been marketing for about 3 months. It’s an attractive property and I’m planning to spruce it up, do quite a bit of offline publicity before the open house we’re planning this Sunday afternoon.
3) client look for Bukit Timah/Stevens Road landed property: A high priority search, need to get it done soon due to a tight timeframe.
4) client look for YCK or private apartment on Sat: another priority search!
Priority 2 goals include:
1) Settle finance matters at Citibank
2) Blog update
3) Go for Stuart Tan’s preview “Huge Checks Monthly”
4) Draft and send emails out to IMS contacts
5) Clean up UpsizeMyCash.com (site structure not optimized)
6) Spend 1 hour cleaning/managing paperwork my home office/house
7) Spend 30 mins visiting blogs/forums (build more backlinks to this blog)
8) Drop an email to my potential partner for a software project.
We’ll see the results at the end of today!
wheehee a challenging and exciting day ahead.