The 9Rules blog network is quite a cool one and I’m finding myself contantly going back to refresh the home page.
Even after the buzz at the conclusion of round 5, which had a whopper 1,190 blogs being submitted for inclusion into the content network, things are still humming along.
9Rules blog submissions received for Round 1 to 5: Up and up!
And if you’ve submitted your blog for inclusion, Mike Rundle in his 9Rules Round 5 Analysis points out: Traditionally weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve added between 8-16% of the total number of submissions to 9rules, so if that holds true then Ã¢â‚¬Å“you can assumeÃ¢â‚¬Â weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll pick about 160 blogs this time (though it’s all up in the air at the moment).
That’s encouraging. Results expected by the end of this week.
But wait…What’re the 9Rules anyway?
The original rules (circa 2003) are:
- Love what you do: [After all, if you’re not enjoying it, why do it?]
- Never stop learning: [On the Internet, the power of your mind truly manifests itself]
- Form works with function: [One must follow the other, musn’t it?]
- Simple is beautiful: [A polite way of saying, keep it simple, stupid!]
- Work hard, play hard: [100% commitment to all things]
- You get what you pay for: [It really shows!]
- When you talk, we listen: [Communication is a 2-way street, isn’t it?]
- Must constantly improve: [Similar to (2), though the ‘Must’ is an imperative]
- Respect your inspiration: [And it will continue to inspire you time and time again]
Note: comments in the [brackets] are my interpretation of them.
9 simple rules, still equally valid three years down the road.
Like to be continually inspired by the 9Rules?
Install: The Nine Rules WordPress Plugin