Note: This is a product review of AffPlaybook. If you’re interested in the AffPlaybook discount code, you can click here to access it.
Would you pay for something that you can get free online?
Specifically training in online marketing, affiliate marketing and lead generation?
How do you compare a free Internet marketing forums like the Warrior Forum, Wicked Fire or one of the other free forums, compared to a paid forum, like AffPlaybook?
A simple reply might be “You get what you pay for”.
But let’s assume you don’t buy the “free is junk, paid is quality” argument and look at the facts.
When I’ve gone into one of the free sites, I’ve found that the content posted by members tend to consist mainly of jokes, casual chat, stuff for sale and tips.
What you get out of most Internet marketing forums?
Often the jokes and chat stuff takes up most of the bandwidth, with some members coming up with stuff or services to sell to other members. The stuff for sale could be good, especially if it’s a newer provider or developer who wants to establish themselves and do some beta testing, build up goodwill or collect customer reviews.
The “tips” you get are often very hit and miss. You might occasionally get a gem, but often it’s a miss, particularly if the person giving you advice is pulling stuff out of the air, or plain making up stuff or lying through his (or her) teeth.
So, I don’t have a problem with free stuff (heck, Wikipedia is free), what I have a problem with is the low signal-to-noise ratio. There’s too much noise (junk) for the signal (useful stuff) you get. It might cost you nothing out of your pocket, but it will cost you in time to go through the lot, trying to find something useful.
To put things into context: Time is a finite resource. Everyone, whether you’re Donald Trump, Elon Musk or (insert your favorite business person or celeb) is subject to the same 24 hours per day. If you’re starting out and money is tight, it seems like money is your biggest limitation. But time is ultimately going to be your biggest bottleneck in starting or growing a business.
So it’s important to see that in the bigger picture, time is your most scarce and precious resource.
Building your online business
When it comes to building your online business, I think most people will agree that making the best use of your time is going to show the biggest results whether you succeed or fail.
That’s one of the reason why I’ve been going for quality, even if I have to pay for it, rather than try to hunt for gold in the mud heaps of free stuff out there.
It takes time and it takes money to come up with a quality product, so yes, I believe in “you get what you pay for”. That’s one of the reasons why I’ve benefitted from my membership in AffPlaybook (formerly called PPV Playbook) since early 2010, and why I’ve been recommending it to new and experienced affiliate marketers and internet marketers since the time I’ve joined.
The site’s members consist of newer affiliates as well as veterans who’ve been in the business for 10 years or more.
AffPlaybook affiliate marketing forum review
In it’s current form, the site’s content consists of:
- Training in the areas of free and paid traffic generation consisting of video tutorials and detailed step-by-step guides.
- Webinars/conference calls with members who’ve already made breakthroughs in their business, eg: 6-figure revenue per month on a sustained basis.
- Follow along campaigns (FACs) where members run lead gen (CPA) or cost per sale (CPS) for a specific vertical, using a specific traffic source. As they document their progress, they list their learning and experienced members chime in with feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Challenges: These are cooperative competitions where members might take on various projects/tasks to bring their skill/experience to a new level (and grow their online business too). It might involve launching one or more marketing campaigns a day for a period of time, or launched search engine friendly (SEO) sites for a CPS affiliate program.
- Community: Some of the guys I’ve known in the industry – whether affiliate, network owner, service provider – has primarily been through premium forums like AffPlaybook. We started at about the same time and five years on, we’re at a more experienced leveling, having encouraged (and sometimes given each other a kick in the seat of the pants) to get to the next level. Whether you’re in Singapore, Bangkok, London or Vancouver, you’re likely to find someone who’s near you and also working on growing their online business.
Here’s an idea of some of the discussion sections in the forum:
As of writing this AffPlaybook review in June 2014, there are more than 12,000 discussion threads, 100,000 posts across the tutorials, traffic generation and offer conversion discussion sections and case studies, with an active membership.
Here are some of the major threads / case studies / training in the site:
- Teespring: If you’re not familiar with this site, it offers made-to-order T-shirts and combines parts of the crowdfunding element of Kickstarter, a strong affiliate program and the ability to create and upload your own designs like Threadless. Some affiliates are making a 4-figure profit per campaign and the better ones are generating profit in the high 5-figure range. The best thing is that they’re laying out the step-by-step systems that they’re using to achieve this, along with a healthy reality check that not every T-shirt you launch is going to be a surefire seller (else everyone is going to be a “teespring millionaire” which is not reflective of reality). You’ll get a sense of what works and what doesn’t and be able to launch a few of your own campaigns and see how it performs for you.
- Datafeed sites: Some cost-per-sale merchants, especially those with hundreds of items in their inventory, will publish XML product datafeeds. These are data files, similar to a blog’s RSS feed, which contain product information and which you can use to create affiliate sites containing hundreds, or in some cases thousands, of products. The tutorials include tips on doing research for your sites, which software to use and a system to get yourself up and running.
- “Dating offer domination”: One of the experienced affiliates is doing a step-by-step tutorial on how he researches, selects an offer, launches, then optimizes a dating campaign from the ground up. So even if you’re a total noob, you’ll be able to grasp the workings on how top affiliates get new offers up and running. Since it’s a forum, there’s a healthy amount of interaction – question-and-answer sessions, discussions – actively going on during the case study and the thread poster is actively answering questions. So if you’re following along or working on a similar campaign, you’re likely to see a boost in your results.
Is AffPlaybook worth it? Will I see results?
The thing to realize about AffPlaybook is that you will get results only if you take action.
And by action, I don’t mean, launch one campaign and when it doesn’t show results immediately, then you give up.
Internet marketing and affiliate marketing are a long-term play. A principle that a mentor shared with me early on was “If you do what you’re supposed to do, you’ll get what you’re supposed to get”.
Some of that stuff out there that says “You can generate full time income in just 30 minutes a day” is flat-out hype. If you’re earning what you might earn in your day jobs, working 8 hours a day, in just 30 minutes a day, it’s likely you’re taking a massive short cut somewhere, or doing something less than ethical or legal. It won’t last.
An online business can be as “solid” as a bricks-and-mortar one. Look at Amazon.com. And it wasn’t built in a day. Neither can your online business.
So what does it take to be successful on the internet?
If you’re someone that gives up easily, then internet marketing, affiliate marketing are probably not a good fit for you. (Neither would day trading, options trading, forex or any activity that involves any risk, for that matter).
If you’re motivated to succeed, then focus on build up your online business.
If you lack ideas on how to get started, or want strategies and systems to bring it to the next level, then I think AffPlaybook would be a good fit for you.
Oh, and there’s more…
So, you know how you hear that you need some keyword tool or research tool so you can do market research so you know how to better position or market your own product or an affiliate product?
The bad news is that some of this stuff can cost hundreds of dollars. That’s hundreds of dollars per month!
The good news is that AffPlaybook includes a suite of tools as part of its membership.
Aff Robot tools worth it?
Some might be wondering if these are some second-rate tools that have been bundled in to increase the value of the membership.
But before we get to that, here’s an idea of what you’ll be getting.
AffPlaybook Tools include ones dealing with PPC traffic, PPV (pop up) traffic, display/banner traffic, SEO analysis/optimization tools. Additionally there’s landing page buildings, page rotation scripts, which you will need to use.
In addition there’s other goodies like WordPress plugins, specially for internet marketers/affiliates.
Oh, and like I mentioned earlier, if you’re doing datafeed sites, there’s a datafeed script which you can use to create them.
But don’t just be impressed by seeing more than 20 tools for you to use. Many of the experienced members just use those tools along, without having to buy more $97/mth or $197/mth, to build their income to 5-figures per month or more.
AffPlaybook discount code?
So if you’re interested in building out or growing your online business, then you should check out AffPlaybook.
And to sweeten the deal, if you signup via the link below, it includes an in-built $10 discount every month, which will help you save more of your ad budget for your traffic campaign.