The folks over at BusinessBlogSummit have a book offer for Publish and Prosper: Blogging for your Business.
Ok, it’s free. [I just don't want to lead off every other blog post with 'free']
BusinessBlogSummit has been good to me, linking to a number of my posts and I like their content.
Here’s the book deal: We Want to Get Businesses Blogging
Publish and Prosper is a new book, having been published on June 1, 2006 by New Riders Press.
The book description at Amazon goes:
ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s time for a practical book about business blogging: this is the first book to demonstrate how businesses are blogging and how you can use blogging technology to converse with your customers to build your brand and sell your products.
Written from the business person/designerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s perspectives, this book shows how businesses can leverage current, real-world blogging techniques, tools, and platforms to promote and enhance their ventures.
The key idea is that the conversation with your market is stronger and more meaningful with a blog. Filled with practical information and a how-to approach, this book provides case studies of companies as large as Boeing or General Motors and as small as Clip-Ã¢â‚¬â„¢n-seal.
Readers will learn about the types of business blogs, how companies use blogs, how to sell blogs to management and IT, effective blog design, content, and conversation, pitfalls to avoid, how to develop Web presence, and more.
In case you’re wondering if it’s too ‘business-like’ for your purposes, Marcus Connery from Seattle left an Amazon review noting:
This a great book for anyone thinking about blogging be it for business or just for pleasure. Even if you are just doing a personal blog, the point is you want people to see it, otherwise you could just write in a journal and put it under your pillow.
They lay out in very detailed yet understandable terms how to go about getting it set up, what options you have, and where to go do so. Then once set up, the whole point is getting it out there.
Thats where this book really shines. Lots of books and articles and yes, even blogs, have been written about how to blog. These guys take it to the next level and explain how to get it out to the masses.
Teresa Valdez Klein from Blog Business Summit points out:
To get your free book, send an e-mail to: freebook [at] blogbusinesssummit [dot] com.
Note the conditions though:
In order to qualify you must:
- Work for or own a legitimate business with a verifiable website.
- E-mail us from your business e-mail address. (We are looking for an e-mail address like firstname.lastname@example.org. An e-mail address like email@example.com will not fly.)
- Have a mailing address inside the United States.
The Fine Print:
- We reserve the right to refuse to send a book to anyone.
- By e-mailing us about this promotion, you are agreeing not to resell this book.
- One book per mailing address.
- Initial offer limited to 500 books.
- Allow 2-4 weeks for delivery of book.
- The Blog Business Summit will e-mail you. We promise that will not abuse this privilege and we will only e-mail people who are sent books. You will have the opportunity to opt out of being on our mailing list.