It’s not often that Internet people meet up, so I decided to do a small experiment.
I posted a thread in my DigitalKeiretsu.com forum: DigitalKeiretsu.com strategy training for Internet Money Secrets announcing a workshop which would bring together 4 Internet Marketing specialists.
If it worked out, I would continue to organise a series of Internet marketing-related training for the DigitalKeiretsu group.
This is a series of workshops intended to help increase the level of skill incompetency of the DigitalKeiretsu members who have a wide range of skill levels from beginner to intermediate.
I’m glad I did.
Last night’s session was a smashing success!
Alief (AliefHamdani.com) talking to Angie and Chi. Should a Body Combat Instructor be caught eating junk food on camera? Hmm…
Besides myself the other trainers were:
- Rachit Dayal
- Garry Lee
- Ryan Chua
Topics that were covered included:
- traffic generation
- forum strategies
- a comprehensive overview of pay per click advertising
- the Internet Marketing mindset
Here’re some highlights from my presentation on the Five Approaches to Internet marketing:
- Head vs Heart: Does your communication content mainly from the head (intellectual, factual) or from the heart (emotional, sentimental). Does this work for your audience? Would a blend between the two approaches be even more effective?
- Grow a business versus short-term profits: are you in Internet marketing for the long haul and are you willing to take a loss if it means being able to retain a customer or would you rather take a profit and potentially lose a customer?
- Problem-based or solution based (This could be the most critical towards your Internet marketing success): Do you constantly seen obstacles in your path and does that the get you disheartened? Or do you merely see challenges to be overcome on a path to growth and profit?
Internet Marketing traffic specialist Garry Lee speaks to Shikin and Liz Tan.
It was a good idea to cap the workshop size to 12 participants because we had a great level of interaction and many of the participants got a lot of one-on-one time with the trainers.
As Internet marketers we’re often working in isolation, and I plan to continue conducting a series of workshops to enhance the sense of community and build skills and strategies for the DigitalKeiretsu members.
Here’s to the next session!
Left to right: Andrew Wee, Rachit Dayal, Garry Lee, Ryan Chua
For those who’re interested, some of the presentations were taped and will be available at a later date.