Like a game of ‘Pass the Message’ which you play in a big group, depending on who you check out, the meme is known as:
- 5 Things You Might Not Know About Jarrod Hunt
- 5 Things You DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t Know About Me (Cameron Olthuis)
- 5 things You DidnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t Know About Todd Malicoat
- 5 Things You Never Knew About Me (Shoemoney)
- 5 Things You Never Knew About Me (David Naylor AKA DaveN)
At first look, it seems like Shoemoney and DaveN are on to the right thing. Then again, it could mean that DaveN is good at following formats after being tagged by the Shoemeister.
So this freeform means you have the right to rename the meme (Master Rename Rights so to speak).
Instructions: (Especially for those I’m tagging)
From what I gather, you are supposed to:
- Disclose 5 personal things about yourself
- Tag another 5
victimsfriends to pass this labor of love to.
Here’s my 5:
amwas quite the game addict. I used to clock up 8 hours a day on mudding (especially DikuMUDs) when I was in school. I clocked up another 12-14 hours per day on weekends. A mud is a multi-user dungeon, the predecessor to text-based MMPOGs (and muds are way cooler IMHO). The longest I’ve spent is 36 hours on a game of Civilization. I only stopped because I was starting to black out (and just as I was about to wipe everyone else out too).
amwas also quite the Japanese manga/anime fan. To the extent that I blew a couple of thousands of dollars on graphic novels during my youth, and much more on DVDs when I failed to make it to adulthood. How do I rank on the Otaku scale? Let’s just say I wanted to name my daughters: Nausicaa (after Nausicaa: Princess of the Valley of Wind by Hayao Miyazaki) and Bianca (after the Sol Bianca sci-fi series). My wife didn’t go for Nausicaa, although my daughter’s Bianca (the Italian variant of Blanche, which means fair-skinned and beautiful).
- Although I’ve been paid quite a bit for writing (as a journalist generating content, and later as a consultant generating strategy plans), I write in spurts and prefably when inspired. In my youth (a long long long long time ago), I used to practise writing love poetry (I write killer haikus and sonnets), and then I handed them out to girls I met. Somehow I tended to always have a lot of company.
- I had plans to operate an ice cream parlour. I’d always enjoyed eating mud pies, ice cream and generally anything with chocolate in it. I spent about 6 months experimenting with recipes and testing out my creations on friends and family. Then one day I realized the idea of working 7 days a week and 12 hours a day didn’t seem that appealing. My favourite ice-cream flavors would probably be chocolate chip cookie dough, phish food, vanilla bean and basically anything with chocolate in it.
- I spend a lot of time watching TV (although it’s usually during meal times and just before I sleep). I like all sorts of gangster movies (Scarface being a favorite), sci-fi (Babylon 5, the 4400, X-files) and crime dramas (The Shield, Prison Break. All time Favourite: Oz)
That rounds off my 5 Things.
- Rachit Dayal: (dude, get moving on the Blogging Predictions 2007 meme too!)
- Ryan Chua: (who seems to blog in a leap year, or every time a space mission is launched, whichever is less frequent)
AffiliateGuy Jon: (who might have more time to take part in this meme since he’s stepping out from Affiliate Marketing, though I’m not sure if I should use anchor text like “Affiliate Marketing, Affiliate Marketing Blog, Affiliate Blog” anymore. Some advice, Jon?) Oh and Jon’s promised to smack me at ASW too.
- Kumiko (The Cash Quest Babe): Ok, I have a thing for attractive young women aiming to make money (…from online ventures). She’s got a ‘bubbly’ writing style too.
- Chris Hooley: Chris is too &*&(_&^ creating weird junk like HooMoney and going on SEO Pub Crawls to participate in my blogging meme. With friends like Hooley, who needs…
Since I was double-tagged, I’ll do the excessive thing and go tag another 5 bloggers (I’m not sure how Laura’s going to reply from her Notebook forum to being blog tagged by PlanetAndrea (who’s likely from another planet).
- New mum and social media optimizer Michelle MacPhearson: Badder Adder pawns MySpace. Next stop: MyBlogLog!
- I scanned and it seems my anime homie (and fellow 9ruler), Michael Ono, amazingly hasn’t been tagged yet.
- Tag guru and fellow 9ruler, Richard Ball
- 9ruler Social Media specialist Emergence Media (Daniel Riveong) – he has a really cool ‘slider bar’ navigation tool to move through his blog. And social media being his thang, I figured a meme is just what the doctor ordered.
- Bluehost CEO Matt Heaton (Because I came across his blog when scouting for web hosting and moved my sites over, impressed by his integrity, candor and honesty)
Ok, all, I’m looking forward to something