In a universe of nearly unlimited Internet Marketing products, one thing and one thing alone will determine your online success.
Although you might already be bombarded each day with a barrage of emails and irresistible offers, here’s a tip to help you achieve your 2006 goals over the next 70+ hours.
- Focus, Focus, Focus
I call it a tip (some might call it a trick). The mind can only fully concentrate on one task at a time. Have you ever been in a race (whether on land or in a swimming pool or some other situation) and you found yourself watching the competition?
You may have noticed your concentration waning and the gap widened.
Here’s what I do when I’m power walking (or rushing to dash across a road crossing). Just focus on walking. Focus on your outcome, be single-minded about your goal.
The moment you stop to look around, or to think, or to hesitate for a moment, you’ve lost the opportunity.
Likewise, in the game of Internet Marketing, stopping to think, to consider, to ask for a second opinion could prevent you from making a drastically wrong decision 1% of the time. The other 99% of the time, you’d do better to decide on a path/strategy/action, and plunge headlong into it.
Whether you’re a product owner, or an affiliate, hesistation can be sensed even if you’re posting text on the Internet.
You may not realize it, but you leave telltale microsigns of your hesistation in your communication.
Bottomline: Plunge into something 100% or stay out of the pool.
If something you’ve been work on doesn’t turn out the way you expected, do a self-audit:
- Did you commit to it fully?
- Did you hold anything back?
- Did what you actually did vary much from what you planned to do? What was the difference and how did it affect the outcome?
Here’s a tip from my investing experience which translates easily to Internet Marketing.
It’s important to keep a diary (it doesnt need to be a paper diary, you can use a microsoft word document) recording your efforts or strategies you’d come up with and detail the outcomes. Was it successful?
You’d want to document both the winning and losing outcomes. More important than the result was the process which you went through. (Too many are focused only on the end result which is why they don’t really learn the lessons which will help them reach the next level)
As you might already know, one of the key features of online marketing is the replication of winning strategies.
Once you’ve worked out the winning formula for a niche site. It’s merely a matter of repeating the results to achieve similar results in a different niche.
If you haven’t compiled your winning strategies, or systematized it, it makes it more difficult to replicate it.
Likewise, two of the ingredients to online success are:
- Laser Sharp Focus
- A System which can be Replicated Easily
Once you have the two elements in hand, it’s a matter of application.
Here’s to your next 72 hours.