Heather Paulson’s one of the guests I’ve been looking forward to inviting on the Friday Podcast for some time and the 6 month wait has been worth it. Besides being a very technically competent marketer, Heather founded her own full service internet marketing agency, Paulson Management Group, which offers affiliate management, search engine optimization and pay per click management services among others.
Having racked up experience at affiliate management firm PartnerCentric, as well as serving as a contractor for Microsoft’s iSEM team, Heather also sits on the boards of the Affiliate Summit and Affiliate Classroom.
During our discussion, Heather talked about:
- Issues and considerations for merchants adding affiliate marketing as a new component to their marketing strategy
- Advantages and disadvantages of using an outsourced affiliate program agency compared to hiring an in-house affiliate manager
- How affiliate managers can enhance programs they manage with some best-of-breed industry practises
- Tips for better affiliate project management (from the affiliate and affiliate manager perspective)
- An insight into how super affiliates operate and key strategies and techniques they use
- How affiliates can get more out of working with their affiliate managers
- Resources for affiliate marketers and tips for growing and scaling your business
Check out the podcast below: