In this episode of the Friday Podcast, I address a perenial question from new Internet Marketers “I’m doing everything right – submitting articles, blogging, but I ain’t made a single dime! What gives?”
The “Stuck Newbie Internet Marketer” syndrome is more common than you might think and I go into some solutions and workthroughs if you find yourself in similar circumstances.
The podcast notes follow (click the “more” prompt)
How do things go wrong when you do everything right? Even if you do know how to do article marketing, set up a blog, familiar with mechanics of PPC.
Yet you’re not able to succeed online.
Why is that?
There’s 2 business elements to every marketing campaign.
- Tangible — people do ok with this.
- Intangible — people mess this part up.
What’s missing is the Internet Marketing masterplan.
Solution? Go beyond the small picture (beyond asking what is RSS? What is Paypal)
Move to the macro level issues.
You need to put the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle together.
You can only do it when your hands are dirty, and that means getting involved in IM, even if you don’t know how all the pieces fit together yet.
A well developed master plan is:
- System-oriented, process-driven
What you must do now:
- Take action.
- More importantly, learn from what you did right and wrong.
- Take notes, keep a record.
- Learn from what happened, decide on necessary changes.
- Make amendments to your master plan.