It’s a late post today as yesterday was a long day.
But Internet Money Secrets was well worth attending.
First up was Joel Comm, who came in live via video link from Oklahoma.
I like Joel’s approach to creating content.
He strives to create original content, rather than scraped content.
Among the sources he uses:
- Writing it yourself
- Outsourcing it
- Having site visitors create it (blog comments, forums)
- Using public domain works
- RSS Feeds
- Teleseminars and other audio
- Repurposed material (reusing your old stuff)
Pretty interesting, especially for those of us who’re constantly striving to create original content for our blogs and webposts.
Incidentally, if you didn’t already know, the best performing adsenseunits are the:
- Large rectangle (336×280)
- Leaderboard (728×90)
And if you didn’t already know, the best color combination to use for your adsense blocks are:
- borderless ads (color code #ffffff)
- blue links (#0000ff)
- black descriptions (#000000)
- gray URLs (#666666)
This combination makes for the most readable ad format.
Wow, I just gave out the essense of his seminar.
Well, not quite, because he gave away some other strategies too, about why people fail at adsense and his winning formula.
We had an interesting presentation from the Master Copywriter.
Master Copywriter Jo Han Mok and Andrew Wee
It just seems inevitable that I pick up tons of strategies and tips each time I listen to Ewen and Jo Han speak.
I guess it’s not surprising considering that they’re rolling a couple of hundred thousand dollars every month.
It didn’t help that Jo Han didn’t give the powerpoints for his presentation and I filled up the better of 3 sheets of papers with lots of notes.
Here’re some nuggets from his presentation:
- Metrics are critical to your success as an information marketer.
- Test, test, test and test again
- Instead of doing a split-test (2 options), consider doing 5 campaigns adjusting the variables. This will give you a better idea of what works and what doesn’t.
- 90% of Internet Marketers lose money of Pay Per Click advertising because they don’t know what they’re doing. Don’t be a statistic.
Tips to significantly increase your list opt-in rates:
- Do not imply that anything is being sold.
- Arouse their curiosity.
- The terms instant and free will cause your opt-ins to jump significantly
In summary, Internet Money Secrets was a very useful convention and I picked up a set of useful strategies I’m waiting to test out.
I’d expect that they’d easily hike up my results by an easy 30%.
I’m already seeing a number of new sign ups for the DigitalKeiretsu.com mailing list.
Just in time for some groundbreaking announcements later this week.
If you haven’t already joined, you can sign up here: Internet Marketing enrolment.