It’s about 16 hours before I head off on my long flight to Affiliate Summit West.
I’ve been talking to the WickedFire folks and we’re psyched about meeting up.
I’ve planned out my itinery and will likely be spending more time networking and attending sessions, compared to drinking and clubbing.
There are a number of networking parties including one hosted by oneNetworkDirect and Wynn Las Vegas at Wynns’ TRYST nightclub which features a private lagoon. If there’s one phobia I have, it’s dancing in public.
We’ll see how this pans out.
Besides visiting the exhibit halls, I’m planning to attend the following sessions:
Day 1 (Jan 21, Sunday)
- Exhibit hall from the time I arrive (likely about 5pm)
- Ice Breakers Networking session (7pm to 9pm, venue: Platinium)
And the WF folks have arranged a football event with the XY7.com Affiliate Management folks.
Day 2 (Jan 22, Monday)
- WF Breakfast (9am, Bally’s)
- Marketing Your Affiliate Site – Outside the Box (Scott Hazard, Cooperative Affiliates Inc, 1130am – 1230pm, Classroom #B Silver)
- Optimizing with Your Merchant Partner (Jake Bailey, Overstock.com, 2pm – 3pm, Classroom #B Silver)
- Ask the Experts: Super Affiliates (Jon F (WickedFire), Jeremy Schoemaker (Shoemoney), Andrew Johnson (Web Publishing Blog) (330 pm – 430 pm, Classroom #B Silver)
Day 3 (23 Jan, Tuesday)
- Rotating Roundtables: A series of 10-minute “speed dating” style table rotations with table speakers on topics like email marketing, affiliate strategies, search engine reputation monitoring and lead generation (945 am – 11 am, Platinum)
- Bloggers – The New Super Affiliates – Jim Kukral, BlogKits (1130 am – 1230pm, Classroom #B Silver)
- Optimizing Landing Pages – Choots Humphries (LinkConnector Corporation), Mark Widawer (Landing Page Cash Machines) (2 pm – 3 pm, Classroom #C Bronze 1 and 2)
- The Confluence of Search and Affiliate Marketing – Kris Jones (Pepperjam) (330 pm – 430pm Classroom #B Silver)
I’m looking forward to Shoemoney, Jon’s WF, Jim Kukral and Kris Jones’ presentation.
With 1,700 participants, it might be a challenge, but I’ll be keeping a eye out for PlanetAndrea, Ros Gardner, Scott Jangro, Robyn “SleepyBlogger” Tippins, Sam Harrelson, Becky “WebMoxy” Ryan, Joe Whyte and the LunarPages ninjas.
I’d like to meet you if you’re headed to ASW, stop me and say hi if you see me!