Have you looked at the lucractive world of affiliate marketing for sport franchises and sport-related marketing? Football Fanatics affiliate manager Jason Rubacky came on the Friday Podcast to talk about the wide range of products available under his company’s banner and tips and techniques to successfully promote these items.
During the Friday Podcast, we touched on:
- Jason’s experience as an affiliate and affiliate manager
- How Football Fanatics got started and it’s position as a leader in the sport affiliate marketing field
- Information on the Football Fanatics affiliate program and it’s listing on Commission Junction, ShareASale and it’s in-house program
- Upcoming enhancements to it’s partner manager (affiliate) interface
- In addition to football, you can also promote hockey, surfing, NASCAR and MMA (mixed martial arts) products
- How to effectively generate traffic for your sports affiliate site
- Pro teams vs College teams: which drive more traffic, and importantly, have greater profit potential
We covered quite a bit of ground during the interview, check out the podcast below:
Jason Rubacky on twitter
I’d been talking briefly with industry veteran Lisa Riolo at some of the affiliate events over the past year and inviting her on the Friday Podcast was the first opportunity I’d been able to speak with her at some length.
Lisa’s one of the best resources in the affiliate industry, having a blend of brick-and-mortar business operations experience, together with her stints in the online world. Lisa previous experience includes a senior vice president of business development role at Commission Junction and managerial roles at Peet’s Coffee & Tea and Bank of America.
During our call, we discussed:
- How she got involved in the world of affiliate marketing
- The growth of CJ’s account development team from a headcount of 4 initially to its exponential growth phase involving hundreds of people
- Her focus on accountability and being able to quantitatively measure results in order to grow a business rapidly
- Her milestone projects in internet marketing, including stints with Eben Pagan
- Her system for getting things done and enhancing your personal productivity
- How to balance growing your business with a healthy work-life balance
- Defining value as growth factor for your business and how to deliver it to customers
Business owners and successful affiliates will get several actionable takeaways from this session.
Check out the podcast below:
And the resources:
It’s hard to picture Todd Crawford as being involved in affiliate management when he looks like a rock star.
Having cut his teeth as VP of Sales at affiliate network Commission Junction which he helped co-found in 1998, Todd has also served as VP of sales and business development at Digital River’s oneNetworkDirect affiliate network.
He’s also won the Affiliate Summit Affiliate Marketing Legend award last year.
I had Todd come on the Friday Podcast and we talked about:
- How he got involved in the affiliate marketing industry
- How the affiliate industry has progressed and whether a set of best practices might evolve
- Considerations for companies adding affiliate marketing to their sales and marketing channels
- How affiliate networks compare with CPA networks in their business operations
- Business growth tips for affiliate marketers
Check out the Friday Podcast: