I met Daniel M Clark AKA HecticDMC on the ABestWeb affiliate marketing forum earlier this year. Besides being the author of two books, “Success with Cafepress” and the recent “Big Book of Spam”, Daniel is also a work-at-home dad and affiliate marketer.
During our discussion on the Friday Podcast, we talked about:
- How Daniel got started and involved with internet marketing
- Whether you should create a brand for a series of books or brand yourself as an author
- Self-publishing options for authors
- Writing tips for authors
- Creating publicity for your book
If you’re an author, you will want to check out the interview:
It’s hard to picture Todd Crawford as being involved in affiliate management when he looks like a rock star.
Having cut his teeth as VP of Sales at affiliate network Commission Junction which he helped co-found in 1998, Todd has also served as VP of sales and business development at Digital River’s oneNetworkDirect affiliate network.
He’s also won the Affiliate Summit Affiliate Marketing Legend award last year.
I had Todd come on the Friday Podcast and we talked about:
- How he got involved in the affiliate marketing industry
- How the affiliate industry has progressed and whether a set of best practices might evolve
- Considerations for companies adding affiliate marketing to their sales and marketing channels
- How affiliate networks compare with CPA networks in their business operations
- Business growth tips for affiliate marketers
Check out the Friday Podcast:
I invited top affiliate Zac Johnson on the Friday Podcast earlier this year (listen to the earlier podcast) and had the chance to invite him on again.
During our conversation, Zac spoke about:
- How he comes up with ideas for his marketing campaigns
- The facts and reality of the Internet marketing industry
- His most successful website venture to date
- Current projects he’s in the process of launching
- His upcoming presentation at Affiliate Summit West 2009
Tune in to this week’s Friday Podcast below:
If you’re an affiliate marketer, chances are you’ve caught an episode or two of Market Leverage TV, produced by the Market Leverage affiliate network.
I invited Market Leverage’s marketing manager, Dina Riccobono, on to the Friday Podcast to get a behind-the-scenes perspective on the production of the weekly program.
Some of the items we discussed:
- How Market Leverage came up with the idea of producing a video program
- Their broadcast studio set up
- How much time does into the production of each episode and what goes into each episode
- Distribution strategies for the video content
- Tips for new video content creators
Check out the podcast below:
And check out:
I first got to know Kris when he took over the mantles of the Cash Tactics blog from it’s fonder Ralph “Ruck” Ruckman earlier this year. (Ruck went on to focus on his Convert2Media affiliate network).
From the Cash Tactics site, Kris describes himself as a “PPC and CPA Marketer but I also deal in retail affiliate marketing and Iâ€™m a product owner with my own affiliate program. I own a PPC search engine, several smaller search engines, a couple drop shipping stores, and a few other random sites.”
During our Friday Podcast discussion, we talked about:
- How Kris got started in internet marketing
- Changes and development in search engine optimization for your website
- How to optimize your website structure
- How to get started with a directory or search engine-based business
- The difference between a “thick” directory and “thin” directory
Listen to the Friday Podcast:
Brian Garnder is known as the creator of the popular WordPress theme, Revolution.
In a recent blog post, he mentioned that Revolution arose out of a site design which had been rejected by a real estate client.
Good thing too, because it’s gone on to be one of the most popular magazine-style WordPress templates.
I invited Brian on to the Friday Podcast and we talked about:
- How he got started in online marketing 2 years ago
- Balancing blog design and blog usability to build user stickiness
- How you can test out new templates on your blog before you go live with them
- Tips on becoming more efficient with your blog
- Shifting his business model from a paid premium blog template now to an open source business model in November
Check out the podcast below:
Be sure to check out:
Important note: The Revolution themes will only be available till Oct 31st, so you should get them before they’re taken off the market.